Teenage boy feared drowned in Johor


SEGAMAT: A boy, 14, is feared to have drowned after he was swept away by swift currents while bathing with 19 of his friends in Sungai Jeram Badoh, Buloh Kasap here on Friday.

Segamat district police chief Supt Ahmad Zamry Marinsah said they received information about the incident at about 4.30pm and dispatched a police team to the location.

"A search and rescue operation, with the help of the Fire and Rescue Department, was launched with the control post opened at the incident location to coordinate actions immediately,” he said in a statement on Saturday (Nov 16).

He added that the operation involved 35 police personnel and firefighters with 10 assets, including four boats.

"Nothing has been found so far and the search, involving the Fire Department’s dive team, has entered the second zone, 150 metres away from where the victim was last seen being swept away by currents.

"Anyone with information about the incident can inform the district control centre at 07-9324222,” he added. - Bernama

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
Boy , Drowning , SAR , Sungai Jeram Badoh

Next In Nation

MCA open to work with ex-Bersatu members
Pangolin still in danger despite reduced threat in Sabah
Economic opportunities for Penang predicted to prosper mid-2026
Langkawi waves claim life of Shanghai man
Broader statutory body to oversee premium crops
Easing financial hardships�
Perikatan faces leadership test
Displaced families seek refuge as rains continue
Flood response in full swing
Hunt on for trio alleged to have hypnotised, cheated woman

Others Also Read