GISB: Selangor Sultan calls for urgent rehabilitation of child victims


PETALING JAYA: Sultan of Selangor, Sultan Sharafuddin Idris Shah has called for urgent action to look into the rehabilitation of the children linked to the Global Ikhwan Services and Businesses Holdings (GISB).

His Royal Highness decreed that the special committee formed by the state government prepare a detailed working paper to identify the best methods to aid the children to be reintegrated into society.

The Selangor Ruler expressed hope for the matter to be urgently handled and not delayed any further as it involves the children’s future.

“The committee will report directly to the Sultan himself.

“It will also be responsible for rehabilitating these children, subsequently reintegrating them into society within a specified timeframe,” said a post on the Selangor Royal Office's Facebook page on Wednesday (Oct 9).

The decree was issued following a meeting between His Royal Highness and Selangor Islamic affairs and innovation development committee chairman Dr Mohammad Fahmi Ngah at Istana Bukit Kayangan, Shah Alam earlier on Wednesday.

Also present was Selangor Islamic Religious Council (Mais) member Datuk Salehuddin Saidin.

Earlier, the Selangor government formed a special task force to evaluate rehabilitation programmes for children rescued from GISB charity homes.

Fahmi and women development and social welfare committee chairman Anfaal Saari, in a joint statement, said this initiative follows the decision made by the state executive council on Oct 2.

The task force aims to implement effective rehabilitation strategies encompassing faith-related issues, welfare, health and mental-physical development, ensuring these children can be reintegrated into society even after the six-month programme.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

JPJ to intensify drone use to detect traffic offences over Aidiladha period
PM Anwar holds phone call with Tamil Nadu chief minister Vijay
Onn Hafiz says he was target of sophisticated 'mercenary spyware' attack
Teacher detained to assist probe into sexual assault of schoolboy in Mersing
Debt collector pleads guilty to sexual assault, wrongful confinement and robbery
GSF 2.0: Released Malaysians safe in Istanbul, expected home on Sunday
Reform task force recommends using local firms to advise govt, digitalise more services�
PAS issues gag order on members over party ties issue
Bersama to contest in Pakatan, BN and Perikatan strongholds, says Nik Nazmi
MACC to appeal Singapore dismissal of RM548mil asset restraining order

Others Also Read