GISB accounts frozen


KUALA LUMPUR: The police have frozen over half a million ringgit across 96 bank accounts linked to Global Ikhwan Services and Business Holdings (GISB).

Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Razarudin Husain said the police have frozen a total of RM581,552.31 to date.

A total of eight cars were also seized as police continue their investigation into GISB, he said.

Following the Sept 11 raid, which rescued 402 children aged one to 17 from 20 care homes in Selangor and Negri Sembilan, 23 investigation papers were initially opened.

ALSO READ: Police leaving no stone unturned in GISB case

Phase two of Ops Global, which began on Sept 11, has resulted in new investigation papers being opened in four police contingents: Selangor, Negri Sembilan, Perlis, and Kuala Lumpur, he added.

Three investigation papers related to the entity were also forwarded to the Attorney General’s Chambers (AGC) office yesterday, Razarudin told a press conference at the Police Training Centre (Pulapol) here.

ALSO READ:Mais: Alleged deviant practices will be presented to Fatwa panel

Two were linked to investigations under the Sexual Offences Against Children Act, while the third was for a case under Section 354 of the Penal Code for assault or use of criminal force on a person with intent to outrage modesty.

ALSO READ:IGP: Only two of the raided homes were licensed

“The three investigation papers involving the alleged offences were uncovered during phase one of Ops Global in Negri Sembilan,” said Razarudin.

In total, 33 investigation papers have now been opened as part of Ops Global, while 216 witnesses, 392 victims, 102 suspects and 30 complainants have had their statements recorded.

Regarding a viral clip of young boys being whipped with a cane, the IGP said that the father of a victim had lodged a police report on Monday in Kluang, Johor.

ALSO READ: Company being probed as organised crime

According to the report, the father had been separated from his son since 2021.

A previous report that was linked to the same video was filed before the raids by a family member of one of the other victims.

Coincidentally, the man seen whipping in the video was among the 171 people arrested in last week’s raids.

“The suspect has already confessed to abusing the victim, but the (other) victims have yet to be identified,” said Razarudin.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Queen arrives in Turkiye for three-day special visit
Police hunt two brothers over theft of cash box from budget rice seller
No enforcement on non-Muslim houses of worship pending guideline review
Teenage girl reported missing during hike in Tanjong Malim
Pakatan forms three sub-committees to gear up Penang for GE16
PAS to meet before Aidiladha to deliberate continued Bersatu cooperation
Sabah PKR youth unfazed by exit of two division chiefs
Record number of 347,000 train tickets on sale for holiday period
Bipartisan committee can help expedite MA63 issues, 40% revenue rights, says Bangkuai
Bukit Aman to investigate those linked to discovery of prohibited items at Ipoh HQ lock-up

Others Also Read