Fuziah to replace Saifuddin as PKR secretary-general


PETALING JAYA: Fuziah Salleh has been appointed as the new PKR secretary-general, replacing Datuk Seri Saifuddin Nasution Ismail, Nik Nazmi Nik Ahmad announced.

The PKR vice president said the decision was made during the PKR Central Leadership Council (MPP) meeting on Sunday (Sept 15) to restructure key positions and strengthen the party’s operations.

"He (Saifuddin) has relinquished his position as secretary-general. Fuziah Salleh is replacing Saifuddin as secretary-general," Nik Nazmi said in a statement on Sunday (Sept 15).

He stated that Saifuddin would now focus on his roles as the Pakatan Harapan secretary-general, a member of the PKR Political Bureau, and a member of the Unity Government Leadership Consultation Council.

"At the same time, Fuziah, who previously served as the Chairperson of the Pahang State Leadership Council, will be succeeded by Rizal Jamin.

"In Perak, Mohamad Hairul Amir Sabri has been appointed as the new state chairman, replacing Chang Lih Kang, who will continue to serve as PKR vice president. Mohd Azlan Helmi has been named deputy chairman of MPN Perak."

Nik Nazmi, who is the Natural Resources and Environmental Sustainability Minister, added that the MPP has also established a Management Committee, with Saifuddin serving as the advisor.

The committee includes vice-president Nurul Izzah Anwar, Fuziah Salleh, treasurer-general William Leong, deputy youth chief Muhammad Kamil Munim, and deputy women’s chief Juwairiya Zulkifli.

"All appointments take effect immediately," Nik Nazmi said.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

RM1.7mil gone in 120 seconds: Robbers took only two minutes to rob Genting goldsmith
Forest fire breaks out near MAIS building in Shah Alam
Putting the rapid in RTS Link: Commuters can clear immigration in seconds, claims project director
Merdeka convoys must prioritise road safety, say police
Police obtain several leads in Seri Tambun shooting case
Man nabbed over threatening Facebook post, sword seized
‘No idea why I was dropped’: Former 1MDB CEO denies striking deal to have name removed from US$5.64bil suit
Increase Budi Diesel quota to 500 litres for Sabahans, urges state PKR Youth
Appeals court upholds RM3.4mil order against former Mara Corp group CEO
Sarawak’s sovereign data platform to strengthen AI capabilities, says Abang Jo

Others Also Read