Student among five remanded for alleged gang rape in Tawau


KOTA KINABALU: A Form Five student was among five people remanded for allegedly gang-raping a 15-year-old in Tawau district recently.

Tawau OCPD Asst Comm Jasmin Hussin said the five suspects, aged 17 to 20, were nabbed at around 11am Monday (July 8) after the alleged victim’s mother lodged a report.

He said, according to the report, the victim, who knew all the suspects, had been raped three times since June.

The report also said that the boys would break into her room in her house between midnight and 3am and sexually abuse her.

It is learnt that they threatened to tell the whole school about the incident if she refused to yield to their demands.

The alleged rapes were said to have occurred on June 13, June 20 and July 5.

ACP Jasmin said the victim told her mother that the suspects had been persistently harassing her in school before admitting that they had been raping her as well.

Tawau Magistrate Don Stiwin Malanjum allowed the suspects to be remanded following an application from the investigating officer, Insp Voon Yu Wei.

The Form Five student would be remanded until July 13, while the others would be remanded until July 16.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
Remand , Suspects , Rape , Student

Next In Nation

Fisheries Act amendment to strengthen marine mammal conservation
Thousands affected as overnight downpour triggers Paitan floods
Three rural areas in Sabah declared disaster zones after floods
Severe rain warning issued for several areas in Sabah
INTERACTIVE: A peek into the balik kampung exodus
MMA calls for stronger action against illegal clinics in Kuala Lumpur
The hidden struggle of M’sian women stranded in Lombok
Stable meal prices despite festive rush
Three fined RM128.9mil over 1,000 wildlife parts
Light bites draw crowds at Bertam bazaar

Others Also Read