Malaysia strongly condemns Israeli regime's inhumane attack on Palestinians seeking aid in Gaza


PUTRAJAYA: Malaysia has strongly condemned the Israeli regime's recent attack on Palestinians who were awaiting aid in Gaza, resulting in the loss of over 100 lives and leaving around 700 others wounded on Feb 29.

According to a statement by the Foreign Ministry (Wisma Putra) on Saturday (March 2), the Malaysian government has expressed profound outrage at the massacre of defenceless Palestinians, who were seeking essential life-saving assistance at the Nabulsi roundabout in the Northern Gaza Strip.

ALSO READ: Wisma Putra decries Israeli aggression, urges action

"The cowardly act of targetting Palestinians, including women and children, by Israeli troops has been vehemently denounced by Malaysia.

"Such actions not only contravene international law but also flagrantly violate the provisional measures handed down by the International Court of Justice (ICJ) on Jan 26 and the 1948 Genocide Convention,” said the statement.

Malaysia has reiterated its demand for an immediate and permanent ceasefire to halt the senseless killing of innocent lives and to ensure the unimpeded and secure delivery of humanitarian aid to those in desperate need throughout Gaza.

The international community has been urged to compel Israel to cease its atrocities and adhere to its obligations under international law.

ALSO READ: Israel must cease violating international laws and Palestinian rights, says Malaysia

"Given the gravity of the situation, Malaysia calls upon the international community to conscientiously acknowledge and fulfil its humanitarian, ethical, and legal responsibilities to prevent further loss of life,” added the statement.

Malaysia also reaffirmed its unwavering stance that Palestinians unequivocally deserve the realisation of their own independent and sovereign state, based on the pre-1967 borders, with East Jerusalem as its capital.

The latest Israeli attack once again sparked outrage and strong condemnation from the world, according to Palestine News Agency (Wafa) on Friday.

Wafa added United Nations (UN) Secretary General, Antonio Guterres condemned the action targetting Palestinian civilians during the delivery of aid in northern Gaza. - Bernama

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
   

Next In Nation

Fahmi rubbishes allegations of royalties credited into PKR accounts
Traffic slows as people head back into capital
Search and rescue operation ongoing after man falls off bridge in JB
Sabah Health Dept detects 44 melioidosis cases so far this year
Unity govt to discuss Opposition allocations on April 17, says Fadillah
Sikh community in Penang celebrate Vaisakhi through selfless service
DOE, waste management company monitoring air quality at chemical storage area after fire
Hundreds homeless after fire razes workers' quarters in Tawau
Employers help prisoners turn over a new leaf
King and Queen convey Vaisakhi, Tamil New Year greetings

Others Also Read