Five to be charged for assaulting a motorist who was later found dead in Semenyih


KAJANG: Five men implicated in the death of a road user who was found dead with marks on his wrists will be charged on Tuesday (Feb 27).

When contacted on Monday (Feb 26), Kajang OCPD Asst Comm Mohd Zaid Hassan confirmed the matter, adding that the suspects will be charged at the Bandar Baru Bangi courthouse.

A total of seven people have been arrested following the assault of a man who was later found dead in Taman Pelangi Semenyih 2 on Feb 20.

It is believed that the victim had sped away from an accident before a group of men caught up to him.

Eyewitnesses told police that the victim was dragged out of the car before being beaten.

Selangor police chief Comm Datuk Hussein Omar Khan previously said that the post-mortem conducted did not reveal clear injuries that could pinpoint the cause of death. However, the victim tested positive for ganja and methamphetamine, and further investigations showed he also had 10 previous drug-related offences.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Assault , Death , Group , Court , Suspects ,

   

Next In Nation

GrabPay currently down, users unable to view ewallet balance, reload, or make payments
Media barred from covering Najib’s judicial review bid related to house arrest
‘Aidilfitri Madani 2024’ celebration in seven states begins tomorrow
Man, 61, killed on the spot in car-bike collision in JB
WhatsApp rolling out new feature to make finding messages easier
Tighter regulations coming for credit platforms, says Bank Negara
6,034 new contract teachers placed in schools nationwide, says ministry
National integration discussed with academics at Insap's Aidilfitri dinner, says Dr Wee
Floods: Two relief centres open in Selangor, one in Negri
‘Glad to help, we just wanted them to return home safely', say Ladang Bikam villagers

Others Also Read