Malaysia condemns Israeli airstrikes in Jenin, Palestine


KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia condemns in the strongest terms the airstrikes conducted by the Israeli regime in Jenin, the Occupied Palestinian Territory of the West Bank.

In a statement on Tuesday (July 4), Wisma Putra said that Malaysia demands Israel stop the bloodshed immediately and allow unimpeded access for the people in Jenin to humanitarian and healthcare services.

"Malaysia also once again calls on the United Nations Security Council and members of the international community to demand the Israeli regime halt its heinous crimes against humanity as well as apartheid policies against the Palestinians in the interest of peace and stability," it said.

"Malaysia continues to stand firm by our principled position that the Palestinians deserve their own independent and sovereign state, based on the pre-1967 borders, with East Jerusalem as its capital,” added Wisma Putra.

It said that the escalation of violence has exacerbated the already dire situation in Jenin and many innocent lives have been lost due to the Israeli aggression.

"The continued provocation, aggression and incessant atrocities committed by the Israeli occupation forces are a flagrant violation of international and humanitarian laws,” added Wisma Putra.

Bernama had earlier reported that on Monday (July 3), the Israeli army launched its largest military operation in Jenin in more than 20 years, killing at least 10 Palestinians and injuring more than 100 others, according to the Palestinian Health Ministry. - Bernama

Subscribe now to our Premium Plan for an ad-free and unlimited reading experience!

Wisma Putra , Jenin , Palestine , occupation , airstrikes

   

Next In Nation

Bersatu pioneer leader Muhammad Faiz Na’aman quits party
Man killed, two injured after car crashes into electric pole
Accountant assaults ex-husband over unpaid debt
KL OCPDs must be more hands on, city's top cop says
State polls: No problem retaining Penang, Negri Sembilan and S'gor, says Rafizi
State polls: Selangor will lose out if not under unity govt, says Zahid
State polls: Kota Anggerik voters want better public transport, says PAS candidate
State polls: Umno voters now support Perikatan, says Peja
State polls: Early voters to fulfill their responsibilities on Aug 8
Intel shows S’gor no longer a Pakatan stronghold, claims Azmin

Others Also Read