KL vice ring busted in Immigration raids, 72 nabbed


PETALING JAYA: A prostitution ring in Kuala Lumpur has been busted following a special operation by the Immigration Department.

The operation conducted in Cheras and Kepong on Thursday (June 15), saw 72 foreigners aged between 25 and 42 arrested.

"This operation was conducted based on information gathered for over a month on this syndicate, which had been supplying foreign women for the purpose of sex within the Kuala Lumpur area," Immigration director-general Datuk Ruslin Jusoh said in a statement on Sunday (June 18).

A total of five premises were raided.

Investigations showed that many of those arrested had abused their entry visas, while some did not have valid travel documents.

"The raiding teams also seized 48 Vietnamese passports that were found in the premises, as well as a grey SUV.

"It is believed that this vehicle was used to transport the women to locations set by the customers.

"Twenty local men have been given notices to give their statements to assist investigations. They were customers who were in the premises at the time of the raids," Ruslin said.

Subscribe now to our Premium Plan for an ad-free and unlimited reading experience!
   

Next In Nation

Redevelopment of Bukit Assek to begin end of next year, Abang Johari
Bersatu pioneer leader Muhammad Faiz Na’aman quits party
Man killed, two injured after car crashes into electric pole
Accountant assaults ex-husband over unpaid debt
KL OCPDs must be more hands on, city's top cop says
State polls: No problem retaining Penang, Negri Sembilan and S'gor, says Rafizi
State polls: Selangor will lose out if not under unity govt, says Zahid
State polls: Kota Anggerik voters want better public transport, says PAS candidate
State polls: Umno voters now support Perikatan, says Peja
State polls: Early voters to fulfill their responsibilities on Aug 8

Others Also Read