Tough times for Terengganu folk


All that’s left: An aerial view of the ruins of houses that were destroyed by floodwaters in Kampung La in Hulu Besut, Terengganu. — Bernama

KUALA TERENGGANU: As the weather cleared up a little in the east coast, many villagers in the state were left counting their losses due to the damage caused by the massive floods over the last week.

At its height, the number of evacuees hit a high of 33,942 people from 9,739 families.

The Star Festive Promo: Get 35% OFF Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 8.02/month

Billed as RM 96.20 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Bill to cap PM’s term at 10 years to be tabled on Monday
Cops nab man connected to 2025 intimidation case
Police to call several individuals in probe over alleged share ownership by Azam Baki
DAP special congress is part of party's internal process, says Fahmi
Sabah flood: Number of victims increased to 3,768 people at noon
Prioritise welfare of police personnel, says Dr Wan Azizah
Traffic slows on major expressways as at noon
Building tech ecosystem to help Perak SMEs compete
Woman who stabbed mother remanded seven days
Rafizi to proceed with lawsuit against Caprice over alleged defamation

Others Also Read