Man nabbed over offensive tweet released from custody


PETALING JAYA: Twitter user Zulfadzli@Bumilangit has been released from police custody on Saturday (Nov 26).

The 39-year-old man was nabbed over an offensive tweet that could incite tension among the races in the country.

His supporters shared videos of him leaving the Dang Wangi police headquarters earlier today.

Previously, Police secretary Deputy Comm Datuk Noorsiah Mohd Saaduddin said the man was detained on Wednesday (Nov 23) and will be remanded until Nov 26.

"The case is being investigated by the Bukit Aman CID Special Investigation Unit under Section 491) of the Sedition Act 1948 and Section 233 of the Communication and Multimedia Act 1998," she said in a statement on Thursday (Nov 24).

Efforts to contact Bukit Aman for additional comments are underway.

Article type: free
User access status:
Subscribe now to our Premium Plan for an ad-free and unlimited reading experience!
   

Next In Nation

Employees wax lyrical about remote work
Zahid wants to mend ties
Lower temperatures good for some, bad for others
Penang Jade Emperor birthday bash wows crowd from all over
Flexibility may be the answer
Fun-filled activities while waiting out floods
Golding crowned ninth most handsome
FWAs are increasingly asked for during interviews
Bad weather affecting traditional bahulu maker
Hot concern over cold snap

Others Also Read