Jovian says never agreed to become Caely vice-chairman


PUTRAJAYA: Fashion designer Datuk Jovian Mandagie (pic) has come forward to set the record straight on his purported appointment as executive vice-chairman of Caely Holdings, denying that he has taken up the post.

Jovian, who is the son-in-law of Prime Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob, said the company’s announcement had tarnished his "corporate, business and personal reputation."

ALSO READ: New twist in Caely boardroom tussle

He, however, acknowledged that he had attended a meeting with the company’s group executive chairman Datuk Loh Ming Choon on Monday (June 13).

"The meeting was to discuss a potential collaboration with Caely Holdings.

"The said representative had also offered a seat on the board of Caely Holdings as the executive vice-chairman with the purpose to revamp and/or expand the company’s garment division, to which, no definitive verbal agreement had been reached.

"I did not agree to accept the appointment as the executive vice-chairman of Caely Holdings," he said in a statement on Friday (June 17).

ALSO READ: Caely shareholders remove nine directors

He also said that he had not executed any forms of agreements indicating his acceptance to the said appointment.

"I take this matter seriously and I will be seeking legal advice on this matter to pursue all means necessary to report such wrongdoing to the relevant authorities," he added.

ALSO READ: Caely’s new board set to steer firm out of glut

In a filing with Bursa Malaysia on Friday (June 17), Caely said Datuk Jovian Mandagie has withdrawn as director of the company.

"The appointment of director was not put into effect due to miscommunication," it said.

On Tuesday June 14, the lingerie maker announced that Jovian had been appointed as its new executive vice-chairman.

Article type: free
User access status:
Subscribe now to our Premium Plan for an ad-free and unlimited reading experience!
   

Next In Nation

Ebit Lew trial: Third witness says received lewd pictures, messages from first witness
MySejahtera records over 250,000 screenings for non-communicable diseases
Search operation called off at Gunung Senyum, missing 'victim' deemed non-existent
Former MDKL president charged with bribery amounting to RM100,000
Budget 2023 must address gender gap in identified sectors, says NCWO
Candy from a stranger: KK cops on hunt for man who offered female pupil sweets at school toilet
Job scams: 110 Malaysians rescued, 174 still stranded overseas, say cops
Fourth mercury spill in Sabah schools in less than two months
Dr Wee meets representatives of ICAO countries for mutual cooperation
Caretaker PM can still handle floods, says Zahid in continued call for GE15 this year

Others Also Read