Swifter clearance starting May 1


How it works: Dr Wee explaining the conditions under Phase Two of the initiative for prime movers and semi-trailers at the Transport Ministry in Putrajaya. — SAMUEL ONG/The Star

PUTRAJAYA: Containers arriving at Port Klang will be cleared within three days beginning May 1 in a new standard operating procedure that will further boost the port’s efficiency in cargo handling, says Datuk Seri Dr Wee Ka Siong.

The Transport Minister said a pilot project was carried out earlier this year and the ministry believes this is a good system that could reduce time taken for the clearing process.

The Star Festive Promo: Get 35% OFF Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 8.02/month

Billed as RM 96.20 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

DAP special congress is part of party's internal process, says Fahmi
Sabah flood: Number of victims increased to 3,768 people at noon
Prioritise welfare of police personnel, says Dr Wan Azizah
Traffic slows on major expressways as at noon
Building tech ecosystem to help Perak SMEs compete
Woman who stabbed mother remanded seven days
Rafizi to proceed with lawsuit against Caprice over alleged defamation
Body of drowned Chinese national found
All govt agencies mobilised to assist flood victims in Sabah, says Zahid
Three more suspended in HRD Corp governance reset

Others Also Read