My son is dead, says rescued diver


MERSING: The search and rescue operation for the four missing divers who went missing off Pulau Tokong Sanggol on Wednesday (April 6) ended in tragedy when the fourth victim was confirmed dead.

Johor Malaysian Maritime Enforcement Agency's (MMEA) director First Admiral Nurul Hizam Zakaria said that the rescue and search operation has ended after three of the victims have been found.

"Three of the victims, Kristine Grodem, 35, from Norway, Alexia Molina, 18, from France and British national Adrian Chesters, 46, have been found.

"However, another victim, Dutch national Nathan Renze Chesters, 14 is still missing and has been confirmed dead by his father (pic below)," he said.

Mersing district police chief Cyril Edward shows a picture of British man Adrian Peter Chesters, who was found safe after drifting at sea for two and a half days, during a press conference at Mersing, Johor, Malaysia, April 9, 2022. REUTERS/Ebrahim HarrisMersing district police chief Cyril Edward shows a picture of British man Adrian Peter Chesters, who was found safe after drifting at sea for two and a half days, during a press conference at Mersing, Johor, Malaysia, April 9, 2022. REUTERS/Ebrahim Harris

He added that the Marine Rescue Sub Centre (MRSC) Johor Baru has informed the Indonesian authorities to assist in the search of Nathan, who is believed to have been dead and whose body has floated to the Indonesian waters.

Earlier, three other divers who had been missing since Wednesday (April 6) were found and are currently getting treatment at the KPJ Pasir Gudang and Mersing Hospital.

More to come

Article type: free
User access status:
Subscribe now to our Premium Plan for an ad-free and unlimited reading experience!
   

Next In Nation

GE15: All component party machinery to move in Perikatan name, says Muhyiddin
MACC nabs 11, including four cops, over traffic summons discount syndicate
Over 470,000 undergrads applied for second phase of student device programme, says Noraini
Egg shortage to be discussed at Cabinet meeting Friday (Oct 7), says Annuar
Action already taken against suspects linked to abuse of Indonesian domestic worker, say cops
RM41mil allocated to build river wall along Sungai Tebrau to stop flash floods
Employers now have 10 hours to receive foreign workers, says Immigration DG
I was not asked to assess RM1mil received by Shahrir, says LHDN officer
No special Umno meet on Thursday night, says Ahmad Maslan
Khairy: Nicotine replacement products categorised as 'non-poison' from Oct 6

Others Also Read