Sabah's immunisation programme to go on despite closure of some PPV, says Shahelmey


KOTA KINABALU: Efforts to vaccinate the people of Sabah will go on despite the closure of some vaccination centres (PPV), says state Covid-19 immunisation programme operations director Datuk Shahelmey Yahya (pic).

Shahelmy, who is also state Community Development and People's Wellbeing Minister and Sabah Health exco member, said that in view of this, there was no issue about access to vaccines.

At present, 16 PPV are still operational state-wide in areas still in need of such facilities, he said in a statement on Monday (Oct 18).

"For areas that no longer have PPV, vaccination administration will be done at the nearest health clinics," he added.

It was reported earlier that activity in Sabah PPV is slowing, with the assumption that most adults in urban areas have been vaccinated.

According to a statement issued by Sabah Covid-19 spokesman Datuk Seri Masidi Manjun, 1.98 million individuals representing 71.8% of the adult population in Sabah have been fully inoculated as of Friday (Oct 15).

For the adolescent group, 189,902 or 45% of the population have been fully vaccinated.

Shahelmey also said that recipients of the single-dose CanSino vaccine are allowed to enter business premises after the stipulated period from the date of vaccination.

"There are no problems with CanSino recipients entering premises to conduct dealings, but it must be 28 days after the date they were inoculated," he added.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 46
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
Join our Telegram channel to get our Evening Alerts and breaking news highlights
   

Next In Nation

Former businessmen claim trial to causing hurt on car repossessor
Johor cops nab man over schoolgirl's attempted kidnap
Three men nabbed for attempting to smuggle 17 illegal immigrants
Police looking for six locals to help investigations into Tok Bali murder
Sinkhole appears on key road connecting schools, housing areas
Compulsory on-arrival Covid-19 test for travellers arriving in S'pore via land VTL from Monday (Nov 29)
Hajiji: GRS in position to wrest Tuaran from Opposition in GE15
Perak Perikatan yet to decide on contesting all seat in state for GE15, says Ahmad Faizal
Johor to amend state Constitution to allow candidates aged 18 and up, says MB
Don't put pressure on Aifa to be next Nicol David, says Youth and Sports Minister

Others Also Read


Vouchers