NRP: Klang Valley, Melaka to move to Phase Four from Monday (Oct 18), says PM


  • Nation
  • Friday, 15 Oct 2021

PETALING JAYA: The Klang Valley which covers Selangor, Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya, and Melaka will move to Phase Four of the National Recovery Plan (NRP) beginning Monday (Oct 18), says Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob.

The Prime Minister said Kelantan, Perak, Penang, Kedah and Sabah would move from Phase Two to Phase Three of the NRP.

He said this was decided by the Special Committee on Covid-19 Pandemic Management, which convened on Friday (Oct 15).

He said with the transition, all the states in the country had moved to Phase Three of the NRP.

He also announced that among the relaxations of standard operating procedures (SOP), e-hailing vehicles would be allowed to operate at full capacity at all phases of the NRP from Saturday (Oct 16).

He added that R&R (rest areas) on highways could open round-the-clock also from Saturday (Oct 16).

Meanwhile, cyber cafes and centres had been allowed to operate in full capacity for areas under Phase Four and 80% capacity for those under Phase Three effective Sunday (Oct 17).

Meeting, Incentives, Conventions and Exhibitions (MICE) are also allowed in states under Phase Three via face-to-face for those who were fully vaccinated from Oct 18.

However, they were required to conduct a pre-event screening via the RTK-antigen or saliva tests, observe physical distancing, and wear face masks at 50% space capacity.

He said the meeting also agreed to implement a pilot test and release (T&R) protocol programme with strict travel terms or itineraries for official visits involving heads of state (pembesar negara), ministers, deputy ministers, chief ministers, mentris besar, state exco members, MPs and civil servants from Oct 18.

It would also be extended to business travellers soon.

Among the criteria were applying within a set time to the National Security Council (NSC) and the Health Ministry for approval, and taking a PCR test three days before returning to Malaysia.

The terms were only applicable for those who were travelling from low-risk countries, he said.

It was also applicable to those who are fully vaccinated.

Subscribe now to our Premium Plan for an ad-free and unlimited reading experience!
   

Next In Nation

Azmin has a tendency to ‘micromanage’, says Amirudin
Muhyiddin should assist MACC to locate son-in-law, says Fahmi
Explain why Kelantan can’t resolve water woes, Anwar asks PAS, Perikatan
Company owners to be charged with fraud in Tawau
Vincent Tan, Berjaya Land file RM200mil suit against Sanusi
Kudat MMEA detains two Filipinos for ferrying controlled items without permit
State polls: Talk about bringing down Federal Govt will not aid economic recovery, says Nik Nazmi
State polls: Don't miss out opportunities for a better life, Zahid tells Kelantan folk
Sanusi sues Saifuddin over REE theft allegations
Ipoh cops on the hunt for car thieves

Others Also Read