Covid-19: Recoveries almost double of new cases on Tuesday (Oct 5), says Health DG


KUALA LUMPUR (Bernama): Malaysia recorded 15,615 recoveries from Covid-19 on Tuesday (Oct 5), almost double the number of new infections, says Health director-general Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah.

He said of the total 8,817 new cases reported, 8,635 cases (97.9%) were in categories one and two, while the remaining 2.1% or 182 cases were in categories three to five.

Start your ads-free experience now!

Monthly Plan

RM13.90/month

Annual Plan

RM12.33/month

Billed as RM148.00/year

1 month

Free Trial

For new subscribers only


Cancel anytime. No ads. Auto-renewal. Unlimited access to the web and app. Personalised features. Members rewards.
Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
   

Next In Nation

'Game-changing' ECRL reaches two-thirds completion
Pregnant woman pleads guilty to soliciting clients for prostitution
Penang Garbage Truck Operators Association appeals for inclusion of RoRo lorries in subsidy program
King grants audience to China’s premier Li Qiang
Free shuttle vans to Parliament from June 24 to July 18
Make citizenship amendments retroactive to include kids born to M'sian mums overseas previously, says NGO
Bersatu's rogue reps: S'gor Speaker says yet to receive notice to declare Selat Klang seat vacant
Minister calls for grassroots efforts to address drug issues in Sarawak
Domestic Trade Ministry plans to instal CCTV at border petrol stations
Apex court dismisses Malaysian Bar’s leave to appeal bid to refer constitutional questions

Others Also Read