Works Minister: Construction industry lost RM42bil since start of pandemic


  • Nation
  • Thursday, 30 Sep 2021

Datuk Seri Fadillah Yusof - Bernama

KUALA LUMPUR: The nation's construction industry suffered losses amounting to RM42bil since the start of the pandemic last year, says Works Minister Datuk Seri Fadillah Yusof.

"The Covid-19 pandemic and the movement control order had affected the industry with growth shrinking by 19% last year and 10.4% in the first quarter of this year.

Subscribe now to our Premium Plan for an ad-free and unlimited reading experience!
   

Next In Nation

Azmin has a tendency to ‘micromanage’, says Amirudin
Muhyiddin should assist MACC to locate son-in-law, says Fahmi
Explain why Kelantan can’t resolve water woes, Anwar asks PAS, Perikatan
Company owners to be charged with fraud in Tawau
Vincent Tan, Berjaya Land file RM200mil suit against Sanusi
Kudat MMEA detains two Filipinos for ferrying controlled items without permit
State polls: Talk about bringing down Federal Govt will not aid economic recovery, says Nik Nazmi
State polls: Don't miss out opportunities for a better life, Zahid tells Kelantan folk
Sanusi sues Saifuddin over REE theft allegations
Ipoh cops on the hunt for car thieves

Others Also Read