Three localities in Pahang, one in Sabah under EMCO from Monday (Sept 20)


  • Nation
  • Saturday, 18 Sep 2021

KUALA LUMPUR (Bernama): Four localities - three in Pahang and one in Sabah - will be placed under the enhanced movement control order (EMCO) from Monday (Sept 20) until Oct 3, according to the National Security Council (NSC).

NSC’s national security director-general Datuk Rodzi Md Saad said the affected localities in Pahang were Kampung Sungai Kabuk, Kampung Sungai Tiang dan Kampung Sungai Chohong in Lembah Bertam, Cameron Highlands, while in Sabah, the area involved was Kampung Tamu Darat, Kota Belud.

He said the decision to enforce the EMCO was made after the Health Ministry’s presentation on risk assessment as well as Covid-19 infection trends.

"The standard operating procedure for all EMCO areas is the same as announced previously," he said in a statement posted on Facebook on Saturday (Sept 18).

Meanwhile Rodzi said the EMCO imposed on the Police Training Centre in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah and two zones in Mukim Kuala Kedah, Kota Setar, Kedah will end on Sunday (Sept 19) as scheduled.

The EMCO in Tapah Prison (including staff quarters) will also end on Sunday, he added. - Bernama

Subscribe now to our Premium Plan for an ad-free and unlimited reading experience!

MKN , EMCO , Covid-19 , Health Ministry , Rodzi Md Saad

   

Next In Nation

Azmin has a tendency to ‘micromanage’, says Amirudin
Muhyiddin should assist MACC to locate son-in-law, says Fahmi
Explain why Kelantan can’t resolve water woes, Anwar asks PAS, Perikatan
Company owners to be charged with fraud in Tawau
Vincent Tan, Berjaya Land file RM200mil suit against Sanusi
Kudat MMEA detains two Filipinos for ferrying controlled items without permit
State polls: Talk about bringing down Federal Govt will not aid economic recovery, says Nik Nazmi
State polls: Don't miss out opportunities for a better life, Zahid tells Kelantan folk
Sanusi sues Saifuddin over REE theft allegations
Ipoh cops on the hunt for car thieves

Others Also Read