Very likely another quiet Hari Raya for many


All dressed up but nowhere to go: Serman with his wife Kartini Kaling, daughter Qaseeh Aina Qaleesya and son Qaayed Aryan Amsyar posing in their baju Raya last year. Unfortunately, they had to cancel their balik kampung plan because of the interstate ban.

PETALING JAYA: With the number of Covid-19 cases remaining high, the prospect of making the balik kampung journey to celebrate the coming Hari Raya Aidifitri with loved ones remains dim for many as travel restrictions are likely to be extended past Wednesday.

For 38-year-old teacher Serman Shah Murad based in Sandakan, Sabah, this will be his second year not celebrating the festivities with his 79-year-old mother in Serdang, Kedah.

The Star Festive Promo: Get 35% OFF Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 8.02/month

Billed as RM 96.20 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

'Don't shoot the messenger', says Nurul Izzah in urging authorities to probe allegations into MACC chief's alleged shareholdings
Anwar holds talks with Singapore PM Lawrence Wong
ROS refutes allegations of power abuse by MIPP
Cops on the hunt for duo who broke into Sitiawan mosque, stole from donation boxes
116 Bazaar Ramadan Rahmah to be held this year, says Fuziah
Malaysia looks forward to close cooperation with new Bangladesh leadership, says Anwar
More than a gimmick, 'roti pocong' a hit at Paroi Ramadan bazaar
Melaka assembly may dissolve in April, state poll expected in June
Plight of two families in Banting fire draws Anwar's attention
Shah Alam's first female mayor vows swift, decisive leadership

Others Also Read