PETALING JAYA: Three localities in Kudat, Sabah, will be placed under an enhanced movement control order (MCO) from Friday (Oct 30) until Nov 12, says Senior Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob.
The Defence Minister said the three localities are Kg Pengaraban, Kg Tanjong Kapor, and Kg Landong Ayang.
The lockdown, which will affect 2,393 homes with 13,884 people, was decided after a rise in Covid-19 cases there.
Under the enhanced MCO, the residents will not be able to leave their homes and the area while economic, social, and cultural activities not allowed.
Ismail, however, said that grocery stores will be allowed to operate from 6am to 6pm so that residents are able to purchase essential items.
Ismail also said that the conditional MCO in Labuan will be extended for another 14 days from Saturday (Oct 31) until Nov 13.
“There is still a rise in Covid-19 cases there, ” Ismail said in his daily press briefing on the Covid-19 situation Wednesday (Oct 28).
Labuan was previously placed under an enhanced MCO from Oct 17 to Oct 30.