PUTRAJAYA: The enhanced movement control order (MCO) enforced on the Penang Remand Prison and officers' quarters have been extended for another 14 days as Covid-19 positive cases are still being detected there, says Senior Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob.
The extension will take effect from Oct 29 to Nov 11.
“Since there are still positive cases recorded, the Health Ministry has recommended to the National Security Council to extend the order for another 14 days, ” the Defence Minister said Tuesday (Oct 27).
The Penang Remand Prison and prison officers’ quarters had been placed under the enhanced MCO since Oct 15.
A total of 2,830 people including inmates, prison staff and their families are involved in the lockdown.
Earlier, a total lockdown had been imposed on the blocks of inmates who tested positive for Covid-19 in the Penang Remand Prison.