1MDB trial postponed as Najib under 14-day home quarantine


KUALA LUMPUR (Bernama): Datuk Seri Najib Razak’s 1Malaysia Development Berhad (1MDB) trial will resume on Oct 19 as the former prime minister is under a two-week home quarantine following his return from Sabah after campaigning for the state snap election last month.

Lead counsel Tan Sri Muhammad Shafee Abdullah had applied for the trial to be adjourned during the case management before High Court judge, Collin Lawrence Sequerah on Monday (Oct 5).

The Star Festive Promo: Get 35% OFF Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 8.02/month

Billed as RM 96.20 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
Court , Najib Razak , trial , 1MDB , vacated , COVID-19 , quarantine

Next In Nation

Azam Baki files defamation suit against news agency
Anwar hosts reception for Singapore PM Wong, discusses efforts to strengthen ties
Selangor Sultan receives RM11.47mil in business tithe contributions
Over 1,000 displaced as floods worsen in Sabah’s north, Pitas emerges as worst-hit
'Don't shoot the messenger', says Nurul Izzah in urging authorities to probe allegations into MACC chief's alleged shareholdings
Anwar holds talks with Singapore PM Lawrence Wong
ROS refutes allegations of power abuse by MIPP
Cops on the hunt for duo who broke into Sitiawan mosque, stole from donation boxes
116 Bazaar Ramadan Rahmah to be held this year, says Fuziah
Malaysia looks forward to close cooperation with new Bangladesh leadership, says Anwar

Others Also Read