KOTA KINABALU: Kinabalu Park complex will be closed to the public for two weeks until Oct 8 after a mountain climber from Tawau was found to be a close contact of a Covid-19 patient.
Sabah Parks Board of Trustees permanent secretary Dr Jamili Nais said employees at the park complex, which is the gateway to Mount Kinabalu, have been ordered to undergo health screenings.
"The Ranau district health office was informed that on Sept 13 and 14, a climber from Tawau had been a close contact of a Covid-19 patient," he said in a statement on Thursday (Sept 24).
He added that mountain guides and porters on duty on those days were also required to undergo health screenings while anyone who tested positive would be put on a 14-day quarantine.
All amenities at the park will be sanitised and disinfected.