Enhanced MCO in parts of PJ Old Town lifted, barbed wire fences removed


The barbed wire fences around PJ Oldtown have been removed by the Armed Forces. PJ Oldtown area, which was previously closed under an enhanced movement control order (EMCO) has been re-opened to the public. - MUHAMAD SHAHRIL ROSLI/The Star.

PETALING JAYA: The enhanced movement control order (MCO) in several sections of PJ Old Town has been lifted on Thursday (May 21).

The barbed wire fences around Section 2, Section 3 and Section 4 were removed by the Armed Forces at midnight and the areas have been reopened to the public.

The Star Festive Promo: Get 35% OFF Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 8.02/month

Billed as RM 96.20 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
Enhanced MCO , PJ Old Town , Barbed Wire , Covid-19

Next In Nation

Flood situation worsens in northern Sabah as evacuees rise to 4,761
TB outbreak: Johor Ramadan bazaar SOPs unchanged, says exco rep
Bersatu crisis: Raub, Lipis divisions dissolved today
Smooth traffic reported on several main highways as at 9.40pm
Health Ministry accelerates efforts to strengthen food safety control to achieve target by 2030
Pahang Sultan, Tengku Ampuan express sadness, sympathy at Trooper Indiran's death
Perak urges use of reusable bags ahead of ban on single-use plastics
Ramadan bazaars: A beloved annual tradition for Malaysians
Bersatu appoints new task force to restructure divisions, wings
Madani govt component parties must strengthen cohesion to realise people's mandate, says Zaliha

Others Also Read