PETALING JAYA: Only official statements issued by the Kelantan palace and its Ruler, Sultan Muhammad V, can be considered as accurate information and as points of reference for Malaysians, as well as the media.
In a statement Friday (Sept 6), Royal Household Comptroller Datuk Nik Mohd Shafriman Nik Hassan urged Malaysians not to be swayed by the dissemination of false and untrue information on social media.
“His Royal Highness Sultan Muhammad V, as the Kelantan Ruler, should not be associated with slander and the subject of lies on social media.
“These lies told on social media have defamed the Kelantan Sultanate and the Kelantan royal family.”
He said the Kelantan palace is deeply upset and condemns the dissemination of private pictures of Sultan Muhammad V on social media and postings about the Ruler’s private and personal matters.
The Kelantan palace strongly denies any and all comments that are untrue and defamatory that were posted along with the pictures.
“Hence, the Kelantan palace has decided to deviate from the norm and respond to untrue and defamatory statements on social media to defuse the confusion that such postings have caused amongst the rakyat.”
Nik Mohd Shafriman also said that Sultan Muhammad V had expressed regret over the personal choices made in his private life that have caused confusion among Malaysians.
“Instead, His Royal Highness hopes that the people would spare their time to pray for the health and well-being of His Royal Highness’ ailing father, His Royal Highness Sultan Ismail Petra, whom he loves dearly, ” he added.
Previously, state Mentri Besar Datuk Ahmad Yakob had asked all parties to wait for a statement from the Kelantan palace on the divorce of Sultan Muhammad V from his wife, Rihana Oksana Gorbatenko.
He said that only the Kelantan palace’s office could issue a formal statement on the issue of marriage and divorce of Sultan Muhammad V.
Did you find this article insightful?