No action against Bersih 2.0 for breaking Sabah redelineation embargo, says Liew


KUALA LUMPUR: The government has no intention to take action against electoral watchdog Bersih 2.0 for breaking the embargo on the Sabah redelineation report. 

Minister in the Prime Minister's Department Datuk Liew Vui Keong said the report had been debated in the Sabah state assembly in 2016.

"So, basically the information contained in the report is not secret. 

"It has been revealed to the Sabah people, so I don't think we need to take any action," he told reporters at the parliament lobby on Thursday (July 18). 

The Bersih 2.0 steering committee said it was “left with no choice” but to expose the Sabah delineation report, after “its call on July 9 for the embargo to be lifted was ignored”.

Bersih offered to pay the fine of RM1,000 to the Speaker’s office for breaking Parliament's embargo.

“We express deep disappointment that the public is kept in the dark on this important decision, as no media could report on it.

Bersih also urged all media and social media users to share the link where the scanned copy of the report may be downloaded.


   

Across The Star Online