Man in viral paedophile video did not surrender, was nabbed near Gopeng


  • Nation
  • Wednesday, 10 Jul 2019

SEREMBAN: The 65-year-old lorry driver who apparently recorded a sex clip featuring a 12-year-old girl that went viral had not surrendered but was instead arrested, police have clarified.

State CID chief ACP Wan Rukman Wan Hassan said a police team stopped the man while he was driving along the North-South Expressway near Gopeng at around 9.20pm on Tuesday (July 9).

“The suspect, who was heading towards Padang Besar to send a consignment of goods, did not resist arrest and was cooperative.

“He is now in remand till July 15,” he told reporters here on Wednesday.

Earlier reports said the man had surrendered to police.

ACP Wan Rukman said the victim's mother lodged a report at around 3pm on July 9 after she became aware of the video clip featuring the suspect and her daughter.

In the video, the victim is forced to perform sexual acts on a man in the backseat of a car.

“Our findings also revealed that the victim’s family only came to know the suspect a few months ago,” he said.

The suspect, who is bald, apparently recorded the 3min 10sec clip on his mobile phone.

In the clip, he can be seen repeatedly coaxing the young girl, who is topless, to stroke his genitals.

The man, who is only wearing pants lowered to his knees, can also be seen kissing the girl and performing sexual acts on her.

ACP Wan Rukman said based on a preliminary probe, they found the suspect had taken the girl out on three occasions.

“He apparently took the girl out thrice in June, but we are still probing if he forced the girl to perform similar acts on the two earlier occasions,” he said, adding that the victim, a Standard Six pupil, was the youngest of three siblings.

He said police had also seized the man's two mobile phones, as well as his car, to facilitate investigations.

He denied that the man’s car was set ablaze by members of the public after the video clip went viral.

“There was another clip of a car on fire which went viral at the same time. We wish to clarify that the clip of the car ablaze has nothing to do with the sex clip,” he said.

ACP Wan Rukman said the case was being investigated under Section 14 (a) of the Sexual Offences Against Children Act 2017, which provides a jail term of up to 20 years and whipping.

It is also being probed under Section 10 of the same Act.

Police have so far received 17 reports on the case.

 

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 0
Subscribe now to our Premium Plan for an ad-free and unlimited reading experience!
   

Next In Nation

Expand Menu Rahmah initiative to Sabah, says Warisan
Constituency allocations for backbencher MPs slashed by over 65%
Bottled cooking oil ceiling prices unchanged from Feb 8-March 7
Amanah to hold talks with Barisan on state polls, says Khalid
PM Anwar unveils Malaysia Madani logo
Zahid: RM400,000 allocated to repair collapsed jetty in Semporna
Sabah lawyers to pursue judicial review of 40% special grant in Court of Appeal after stay decision
Comms and Digital Ministry announces RM69 fixed Internet broadband plan with speeds of up to 30Mbps for low income groups
Malaysia condemns Israel’s relentless suppression campaign against Palestinians
Viral photo of floods inaccurate, situation under control, says Kinabatangan disaster centre

Others Also Read