Kuala Terengganu drawbridge to be opened for test run from June 2-17


Entrepreneur Development Minister Datuk Seri Mohd Redzuan Yusof (second from left) reviewing the Kuala Terengganu City Center (KTCC) Drawbridge Project (Phase II) today.

KUALA TERENGGANU (Bernama): The public can use the drawbridge connecting Kuala Terengganu and Kuala Nerus from June 2 to 17 as part of a test run on its operating system.

State secretary Datuk A Rahman Yahya said the drawbridge, the first of its kind in South-East Asia, would then be closed again to improve its operating system and is expected to be fully open by the end of June.

“We will open the bridge for testing and also for the people to use it during the upcoming Hari Raya celebrations, then we will review every aspect and expect it to be fully open in late June.

“Currently, the bridge is 99% complete. The other 1% is the finishing work such as the installation of road signage,” he said after the Terengganu state action council meeting at Wisma Darul Iman here Monday (May 20).

The meeting was chaired by Entrepreneur Development Minister Datuk Seri Mohd Redzuan Yusof.

The RM248mil drawbridge is the fourth bridge connecting Kuala Terengganu and Kuala Nerus, on top of the three existing bridges - the Sultan Mahmud Bridge, Pulau Rusa Bridge and Pulau Sekati Bridge.

The construction of the drawbridge, which is yet to be named, began in August 2014, and it can be lifted for ships to pass through. - Bernama

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 46
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
   

Next In Nation

KL cops bust online gambling centre, nab eight
Probationary constable in Sibu charged with colleague's murder
Police increase EMCO monitoring teams in Kota Setar
EMCO: Alor Setar south toll plaza entrance, exit temporarily closed
Covid-19: Umno deputy permanent chairman at critical stage
Man claims trial to charge of using unrecognised 'Dato' title
Covid-19: ICU beds reach almost 90% capacity in Klang Valley, 74% nationwide, says Health DG
Nine-year-old boy drowns in monsoon drain, another still missing
Police looking for man over viralled domestic violence incident
Four men issued compound in Port Dickson for SOP violation

Stories You'll Enjoy


Vouchers