Police and local authorities told not to lower traffic summonses


Always be safe: Loke presenting a safety jacket to a motorcycle rider after launching the integrated operations and road safety campaign for Chinese New Year at the Dengkil Rest and Recreational Area in Sepang.

SEPANG: The Transport Ministry will speak to police and local authorities about doing away with discounts on traffic summonses, said its minister Anthony Loke.

He pointed out that the Road Transport Department (JPJ), under his ministry, had already stopped the practice.

Get 20% OFF The Star Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

RM 11.12/month

Billed as RM 11.12 for the 1st month, RM 13.90 thereafter.

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 9.87/month

Billed as RM 118.40 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Immigration Dept detains 24 foreigners in anti-prostitution raid
Fuel prices May 21-27: Diesel, unsubsidised RON95, RON97 prices increased
IJM Corp share acquisition: Two individuals under MACC investigation
Royal Press Office urges stern action over fake TikTok account impersonating, insulting King
Malaysia awaiting results of Saudi probe into detention of five Malaysians in Mecca
MACC seeks AGC's assistance to contact individuals in Taiwan, UK on RM1.1bil investment case
Govt urged to include tour buses under diesel subsidy scheme
No need for by-elections for Pandan and Setiawangsa, says EC
Coroner's court: Uncle describes close bond between Zara Qairina, mother
Selangor PBM members quit because 'promises never materialised', says Sng

Others Also Read