PETALING JAYA: The reburial of Cradle Fund chief executive officer Nazrin Hassan’s remains is expected to conducted on Monday (Oct 15) morning.
Selangor CID chief Senior Asst Comm Fadzil Ahmat said the post-mortem had been concluded by the pathologist at the Universiti Malaya Medical Centre (UMMC) on Sunday (Oct 14).
“We expect the reburial tomorrow morning.
“We will not disclose the results of the second post-mortem yet as the case is still being investigated,” he said when contacted.
Initially, Nazrin’s remains were scheduled to be reburied on Friday (Oct 12) but it was postponed as the second post-mortem was not finished.
On Oct 8, Nazrin’s remains were exhumed at the Kota Damansara Muslim Cemetery so that a second post-mortem could be performed.
Under heavy police escort, the remains were transported to the UMMC.
The exhumation began at 9am and ended at about 12.45pm and was carried out by Petaling Jaya City Council (MBPJ) staff under the supervision of officers from the National Forensic Institute.
Selangor police chief Comm Datuk Mazlan Mansor had said the exhumation process was done based on strict procedures, according to Islamic and conventional laws.
The focus of the murder investigation would be based on the results of the second post-mortem, Comm Mazlan added.
Nazrin, 45, died in a fire at his double-storey house on June 14.
He was found with 30% burns on his body.
Police reclassified the case as murder following a forensic investigation by the Fire and Rescue Department.
Several people have since been remanded and released in the murder investigation, including Nazrin’s wife and her ex-husband, a married couple related to his widow, and two teenagers.
Nazrin’s older brother, Dr Malek Hassan, subsequently sought for Nazrin’s remains to be exhumed for a second post-mortem.
Did you find this article insightful?