IGP Khalid says suspect in Melaka protection racket known to him


KUALA LUMPUR: Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Khalid Abu Bakar (pic) said although he and his family knew the main suspect in the Melaka protection racket case, he was not aware what the man was involved in.

"Anyone who knows me and my family knows that if they do something illegal they will have to answer for it.

Get 20% OFF The Star Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

RM 11.12/month

Billed as RM 11.12 for the 1st month, RM 13.90 thereafter.

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 9.87/month

Billed as RM 118.40 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Man, 62, arrested for beating 80-year-old neighbor with steel rod in Penang
Umno will not enter PN pact in Melaka blindly, says Zahid
10 undocumented migrants flee Tanah Merah Immigration Depot, says Police
After Anwar's open invitation, Tian Chua hopes PKR will reinstate him as a member
90 heat-related illness cases reported so far this year, says Health Minister
Neighbor recalls how he scaled 7 stories to save trapped senior
Probe Felda but don't persecute or humiliate anyone, says Ahmad Zahid
Teacher transferred after allegedly hitting 12-year-old pupil with shoe in Penang
Haze: Affected schools in Sarawak to reopen on Aug 24
No M'sians affected by attacks in southern Thailand provinces, says Kelantan top cop

Others Also Read