The Star polled our MPs on their general knowledge. See how you match up to them in this pop quiz.
1. How much does 1kg of sugar and a box of 12 Grade A eggs cost?
2. What is the significance of Sept 16 in Malaysia?
3. What is Bharatanatyam?
4. What changes do women’s groups want to make to the current rape law?
5. How long is the bus journey from Sibu to Kapit?
6. Which countries are claiming the Spratley Islands? Name three.
7. Which country is singer Yuna from?
8. Who is the prime minister of Turkey?
9. What is Ching Ming?
a) An antique vase
b) All souls day for the Chinese
c) The Chinese emperor who built the Great Wall
10. If someone tells you that he or she has just been photo bombed. What do you think that means?
a) It means a total stranger has jumped into the picture frame as his or her photo was being
b) His or her nude picture has been uploaded onto the Internet without permission
c) The entire picture folder on their computer or smartphone has been lost
11. Who is the CEO of Apple, Google and Microsoft? Name one.
12. What is the Muslim new year?
13. Is the Leatherback turtle locally extinct?
14. Nasi Dagang and Nasi Kerabu are signature dishes from which state?
15. What is the minimum wage in Peninsular Malaysia? And in Sabah and Sarawak?
16. The “Wayang Kulit” of Kelantan is based on which Hindu story?
17. Name one of the three greatest threats to our local smallscale fishermen?
18. Which one of these isn’t social media?
19. Angelina Jolie was in the news recently. What did she do?
20. Can you name one movie by the late Yasmin Ahmad?
1. Answer: RM2.50 to RM2.60 / RM3.50 to RM4.50
2. Malaysia Day commemorates the establishment of the Malaysian federation on the same date in 1963. It marked the joining of Malaya, North Borneo, Sarawak and Singapore to form Malaysia
3. A classical Indian dance
4. Amend it to include rape with an object and marital rape, harsher sentences
5. This is a trick question. There is NO road and thus no bus from Sibu to Kapit, people have to take an express boat along the Rejang River from Sibu to Kapit.
6. Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam, China, Taiwan, Philippines and Brunei.
8. Recep Tayyip Erdogan
9. All souls day for the Chinese
10. It means a total stranger has jumped into the picture frame as his or her photo was being snapped
11. Tim Cook (Apple), Larry Page (Google) and Steve Ballmer (Microsoft)
12. Awal Muharram
14. Terengganu Nasi Dagang and Kelantan Nasi Kerabu
16. The Ramayana
17. Large scale trawling (overfishing), fish bombing in Sabah and Sarawak, and foreign fishing vessels intruding into our waters.
19. Angelina Jolie had a double mastectomy and made it public to help remove the stigma of the medical procedure
20. Sepet (2004), Gubra (2006), Mukhsin (2007), Muallaf (2008) and Talentime (2009)