Keeping track

IT wasn’t all play for the youngsters from SK Convent Green Lane. On the last day, they got together and scribbled down their experiences.

Day 1

Assemble at Kuala Lumpur International Airport for flight to Hong Kong. The flight took about three hours and 50 minutes. The journey was smoother than expected.

First, we went to Repulse Bay. Our tour guide, Mr Sherman said that it was a romantic place for couples.

We passed a playground surrounded by plants and flowers as we headed towards the water front. Then off we went to Aberdeen where we sat on a sampan and watched big and small boats pass us by. That evening we were treated to a laser light show at the Avenue of Stars.

Day 2

We felt energised soon after breakfast and couldn’t wait to get to Disneyland!

We got our tickets and then had to pass through security where guards checked our bags before we could finally get in.

We had five “must see’” places on our list. After we passed Sleeping Beauty’s Castle, our first stop was Toy Storyland. We played on the Slinky Dog. It was fun.

Then, we went to the R.C. Racer. That was so scary! We were screaming and shouting and it felt like our hearts were coming out.

Then it was off to Mickey’s Philharmagic theatre where we watched a 3D movie ... it seemed like the characters were jumping out of the screen. It was so real, we could even smell the pie and the wine when Gaston was singing Be Our Guest. We could even feel the water splashing on us!

Our next stop was at Tomorrowland and the roller coaster, Space Mountain. At Tomorrowland, we also helped Buzz to destroy the evil Emperor Zurg.

In the afternoon, we watched the Disneyland parade and then headed over to the Mad Hatter Tea Cups, where we had a spin of our lives. We were all very DIZZY at the end of it all.

After dinner at the Royal Banquet Hall, we went on the roller coaster again and then watched the fireworks while playing with soap snow that was falling from the sky.

We left Disneyland at 9pm after being there for 12 hours! It was beautiful and what a memorable trip it was!

Day 3

As usual, we were up early again. We all went to The Peak, where it was so cold! We tried to stand in the sun to keep warm.

Madame Tussaud’s Wax Museum was in the same vicinity. We went in and snapped pictures with famous actors, actresses, singers, presidents, sports players and many more. We even saw Lady Gaga!

When we came out, we saw two dogs – one brown and the other black. We took pictures of the brown dog. We were scared when the black dog barked. After that, we went to the Museum of History. We learnt about the Chinese Imperial examination and lots more. We even learnt about the big eye fish that became extinct a few centuries ago.

Day 4

We woke up at 7:30am and went to have breakfast on the first floor of the hotel. The meal was delicious. Our tummies almost exploded because we were so full.

We went back to our rooms to pack and then got ready to go to the airport.

We were excited about going back yet sad that we had to part after four wonderful days. Goodbye, Hong Kong! — By NUR SYAZLIYANA SHEK DAUD, ADELYA YEOH, JESTHER CHONG, KU ANIS NABILAH KU IDRIS and HNG SHU EEM

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3

Did you find this article insightful?


Next In Education

Survey finds M'sian varsities adapted well to disruption by pandemic
Form 4 History textbook complies with all publication processes, says MOE
Covid-19 accelerates innovative approach in medical education
Govt's Bachelor of Education scholarship applications to open in March
Setting the stage for the future of performing arts education
‘Too much to bear’ for most
Caring School 2.0 programme launched to accelerate Malaysia Education Blueprint 2013-2025
List of SPM History Paper 2 topics leaked
Education Ministry: Uniforms not compulsory when schools reopen on March 1
NUTP: Schools ready for reopening

Stories You'll Enjoy