Driving force of numbers

A vehicle number plate maker measuring the spacing for a client’s number plate. JPJ has standard specification for both cars and motorcycles with regard to font type, size and spacing. — Photos: LOW LAY PHON/The Star

THE sale of vehicle registration numbers is a big deal for the Road Transport Department (JPJ).

Out of its yearly RM4bil revenue, 30% was derived from selling vehicle registration numbers while road tax renewals made up the bulk of the remaining 70%, its director-general Datuk Shaharuddin Khalid said.

Related stories:

History of number plates

Subscribe now to our Premium Plan for an ad-free and unlimited reading experience!

Next In Metro News

No payment needed for any road resurfacing work, MBPJ tells homeowners
Spreading awareness on gender equity in budgeting
Helping bystanders save lives
Once-popular Section 14 food court in gloomy state
On the hunt for new football technical director and more Sukma medals
Positioning Selangor as top investment draw in Asean
George Town transit centre a place for people to bounce back
Malaysian students bag award in STEM meet
Interest in zapin reignited among Tamil school pupils
Keeping kids safe with CCTV cameras

Air Pollutant Index

Highest API Readings

    Select State and Location to view the latest API reading

    Source: Department of Environment, Malaysia

    Others Also Read