Prince Harry and Meghan stay with Netflix – but with a lesser deal


By AGENCY
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will continue their stint at Netflix. Photo: AP

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will continue their stint at Netflix after their production company signed a multiyear, first-look deal with the streamer for film and television projects.

However, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's new arrangement is less exclusive than their original 2020 agreement with Netflix, which was an overall deal, according to a person familiar with the pact.

That earlier deal gave Los Gatos, California-based Netflix the exclusive rights to anything developed by the Sussexes' Archewell Productions and covered things like overhead costs.

Netflix and Archewell Productions did not disclose the terms of the Sussexes' new deal in statements released Monday (Aug 11).

"We're proud to extend our partnership with Netflix and expand our work together to include the As ever brand," Meghan said in a statement, referring to her lifestyle brand, which was developed in partnership with Netflix and includes wine, cookie mix and fruit preserves.

So far, Archewell Productions has released several documentary series and reality shows, including 2022's Harry & Meghan and Live To Lead, which chronicled the life stories of world leaders, 2023's sports-focused Heart Of Invictus, 2024's Polo and cooking show With Love, Meghan.

Harry & Meghan, which detailed the couple's love story and exit as working royals, got a total of 23.4 million views on the streaming platform, making it Netflix's fifth-most popular documentary series of all time, the company said. With Love, Meghan had 5.3 million views in the first half of 2025, making it Netflix's most-watched culinary show since its release.

"Harry and Meghan are influential voices whose stories resonate with audiences everywhere," Netflix Chief Content Officer Bela Bajaria said in a statement. "We're excited to continue our partnership with Archewell Productions and to entertain our members together."

Archewell Productions' upcoming slate of projects includes a second season of With Love, Meghan, which releases later this month, a film adaptation of the romance book Meet Me At The Lake and a documentary short called Masaka Kids, A Rhythm Within about an orphanage in Uganda. – Los Angeles Times/Tribune News Service

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Entertainment

Blackpink becomes first artist to reach 100 million subscribers on YouTube
7 'Wuthering Heights' movie changes that will surprise fans of the book
'Bridgerton' star Luke Thompson is finally the main man in its latest season
Malaysian comedian Nigel Ng, aka Uncle Roger, set to become a father
Anderson Cooper to exit CBS’s ’60 Minutes’ after nearly 20 years
‘Pulp Fiction’ actor Peter Greene died of accidental gunshot wound to his armpit
Eric Dane, Dr. McSteamy of 'Grey's Anatomy' and 'Euphoria' star, dies of ALS at 53
Sarah Ferguson’s whereabouts unknown following former Prince Andrew’s arrest
Actress Sophia Albarakbah to sell fresh pandan coconut water at Ramadan bazaar
Singaporean host-actor Ben Yeo is a workhorse who wants to find success in live-selling

Others Also Read