Sharon Stone, Liam Neeson demand Kevin Spacey be allowed back in Hollywood


By AGENCY

Sharon Stone (right) blamed the accusations on aspiring actors who just 'wanted and want to be around (Kevin Spacey, left)' and retaliated when they 'didn’t get their secret agendas'. Photo: TNS

Hollywood A-listers are rallying behind Kevin Spacey, who was cleared of nine sexual assault charges in London court last year.

Sharon Stone, Liam Neeson and other actors have demanded for Spacey’s return to the industry following the release of a damning British docuseries detailing those allegations, which first came to light in 2017 and have since derailed his career.

“I can’t wait to see Kevin back at work. He is a genius. He is so elegant and fun, generous to a fault and knows more about our craft than most of us ever will,” Stone said in a statement to The Telegraph in an article published last Wednesday (May 15).

The Basic Instinct star – who herself has claimed to be a victim of sexual harassment – blamed the accusations on aspiring actors who just “wanted and want to be around (Spacey)” and retaliated when they “didn’t get their secret agendas.”

Neeson – known most recently for portraying a bold character who avenges the helpless – revealed he was “deeply saddened” about the claims lodged against Spacey.

The Taken star told the outlet: “Kevin is a good man and a man of character. He’s sensitive, articulate and non-judgmental, with a terrific sense of (humour). He is also one of our finest artists in the theatre and on camera. Personally speaking, our industry needs him and misses him greatly.”

Actors F. Murray Abraham and Stephen Fry also voiced their support and blasted the documentary, Spacey Unmasked.

Fry said that while Spacey may have been “both ‘clumsy’ and ‘inappropriate’ on many occasions,” to include him alongside sexual predators such as Harvey Weinstein, and to “devote a whole documentary to accusations that simply do not add up to crimes,” is disproportionate and unjustified.

Spacey is the subject of Channel 4’s two-part documentary, which is now streaming on Max. The series, helmed by Who Is Ghislaine Maxwell? producer Katherine Haywood, features never-before-seen interviews with men not connected to the London trial.

Ahead of its premiere earlier this month, the former House Of Cards star claimed he had not been given enough time to respond to the allegations made in the series, and vowed he would “not sit back and be attacked by a dying network’s one-sided ‘documentary.” – New York Daily News/Tribune News Service

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
   

Next In Entertainment

Former HK actress Michele Reis shares photo of hubby celebrating her birthday
Fan Bingbing dines with Malaysian tycoon Vincent Tan and his family in KL
UK climate protest targets Taylor Swift plane airfield
Actress Nora Danish and husband divorce after 7 years of marriage
Blackpink to release concert film for anniversary
Jennifer Lopez vacationing in Italy without Ben Affleck amid divorce rumors
Jessica Biel reportedly ‘extremely upset’ about husband Justin Timberlake’s DWI arrest
Singer Bruno Mars to stage a one-night concert in KL on Sept 17
Pornographic deepfake of actor Jacob Elordi goes viral
HK artiste Charlene Choi reflects on relationship with mum

Others Also Read