Ruhainies to lodge police and MCMC report over claims made by Sarah Yasmine


Ruhainies (left) wants to defend herself from the claims made by Sarah Yasmine. Photos: Ruhainies/Instagram, Sarah Yasmine/Instagram

Malaysian actress Ruhainies is planning on taking legal action over the claims made by Singaporean actor Aliff Aziz’s alleged girlfriend Sarah Yasmine.

In addition to lodging a police report, Ruhainies will submit a complaint to the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) over the “disturbances” caused by Sarah.

“I will lodge a police and MCMC report. As for when and where, it’s better for me to keep that confidential for now or handle it quietly,” the 31-year-old told Kosmo!.

“I know what I did before was wrong, but I need to defend myself.”

When asked about how she’s feeling amid the controversy with Aliff, 33, Ruhainies admitted that her mind is “clouded” and said she’s trying her best to navigate life with a positive mindset.

In another interview with mStar, The Star’s Malay-language news portal, Ruhainies said she wants to move on from the controversy which has been going on for nearly two months now.

“As an artiste, I don’t want to be a bad influence on society. I hope there won’t be anyone else trying to add fire to the situation,” she added.

On March 9, Aliff – who’s married to actress-singer Bella Astillah – and Ruhainies were arrested by religious authorities under suspicion of khalwat in a condominium in Kuala Lumpur.

Bella, 30, subsequently filed for divorce on March 13, but Aliff refused to divorce his wife at the second mention on April 4.

Things heated up when Sarah revealed that she had been Aliff’s girlfriend since January and exposed screenshots of messages between Aliff and NRF, whom she alleged to be Ruhainies.

Sarah most recently claimed that Ruhainies, whose full name is Nur Ruhainies Farehah Zainul Ilyas, was trying to defame her by accusing her of putting something in Aliff's drink.

On April 26, Ruhainies expressed her desire to meet Sarah and Bella in person to clear the air. Both Sarah and Bella have declined the offer.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Entertainment

Malaysian comedian Nigel Ng, aka Uncle Roger, set to become a father
Anderson Cooper to exit CBS’s ’60 Minutes’ after nearly 20 years
‘Pulp Fiction’ actor Peter Greene died of accidental gunshot wound to his armpit
Eric Dane, Dr. McSteamy of 'Grey's Anatomy' and 'Euphoria' star, dies of ALS at 53
Sarah Ferguson’s whereabouts unknown following former Prince Andrew’s arrest
Actress Sophia Albarakbah to sell fresh pandan coconut water at Ramadan bazaar
Singaporean host-actor Ben Yeo is a workhorse who wants to find success in live-selling
HK actress Jessica Hsuan takes her 102-year-old former helper out on CNY Eve
'Down Cemetery Road' review: Shots in the dark
James Van Der Beek’s financial woes started with ‘Dawson’s Creek’ contract

Others Also Read