All it takes is one small moment to remind us how lucky we are to be alive. Actor Jordan Voon testified to this in his latest Instagram post where he talked about his near-death experience.
"Yesterday, I almost said goodbye to everyone and died. I've slept all night, but my soul is still at unrest ... I decided to write this down about what had happened to give everyone a warning," he wrote on Sept 16.
He shared that he had been up working on a script when he reached for a plastic water bottle to quench his thirst. "Out of habit, I opened my mouth wide to pour the water into my mouth to prevent the bottle from touching my lips," he explained. That was when the plastic ring from the cap of the water bottle slipped into his throat.
"I felt a hard object slip into my throat and was stuck. The more I tried to cough it out, the deeper it slipped," he wrote. The 56-year-old actor recalled that his body and legs felt weak as he struggled to breathe from all the choking.
His wife and son, who were also present at that time, panicked. Thankfully Voon managed to eventually cough out the plastic ring.
He urged everyone reading his post to always remove the plastic ring before consuming from a water bottle. “I never thought that this ring would have killed me. I would have felt very embarrassed by the news headlines – local artiste Wen Shaoping choked to death from drinking water and getting bottle ring stuck in throat ... how embarrassing!” he joked.