After 46 days of movement control order (MCO) and countless requests from fans, Namewee has released a Covid-19 MCO song titled OK Lah! (on May 2).
The filmmaker/musician, whose real name is Wee Meng Chee, managed to gather 17 musicians of six different races to play 14 different musical instruments and have them record in different locations.
In his bilingual message, Namewee wrote: “This is the first time we recorded our music separately at home, but we put our effort as one. We just want to share our love to all heroes who fight for Malaysians as front liners. Our doctors, nurses, polis, tentera and many more. Thank you, so, so, so much! Finally, we can get out of our home! But, still be careful lah, don’t play play!”
Namewee sings in Bahasa Malaysia in OK Lah!, which also features vocals by Fara Dolhadi and Sheron Tan.
Also read: Namewee donates medical supplies to 10 hospitals in Malaysia
- Coordinator: Cumdy-Cumdy Production Joko Toh, Carmyen Lai, Teo Yin Teng
- Video Editor: Sasa Chan
- Music Arranger: Lee Nai Kong (Kinta, Perak)
- Mixing Engineer: Peter Chong (Port Dickson, Negeri Sembilan)
- Composer/Lyrics/Vocal: Namewee (Muar, Johor)
- Vocal: Fara Dolhadi (Kuching, Sarawak)
- Vocal: Sheron Tan (Kudat, Sabah)
- Electric guitar: Shamril Salleh (Titiwangsa, Kuala Lumpur)
- Seruling flute: Mohar Mohram (Hulu Langat, Selangor)
- Harmonica: Aiden Soon (Hulu Langat, Selangor)
- Violin: Dennis Lau (Hilir Perak, Perak)
- Sape: Hezekiah Asim (Miri, Sarawak)
- Organ: Clement Siow (Seremban, Negeri Sembilan)
- Piano: Lee Nai Kong (Kinta, Perak)
- Drum: John Ashley Thomas (Larut, Matang dan Selama, Perak)
- Bass: Fly Halizor (Hulu Langat, Selangor)
- Sitar: Kalai (Kuantan, Pahang)
- Percussion: Steve Thornton (Brooklyn, New York)
- Rebana: Ramli Mohram (Kuala Selangor, Selangor)
Did you find this article insightful?
90% readers found this article insightful