It was a good night for both Netflix and HBO at the 25th annual Critics' Choice Awards gala, with the studios taking home trophies for movies and shows like The Irishman, Marriage Story, When They See Us, Watchmen and Succession.
Once Upon A Time In Hollywood won the ceremony's biggest movie prize, best picture, as well as three more awards: best supporting actor for Brad Pitt, best original screenplay for Quentin Tarantino and best production design for Barbara Ling and Nancy Haigh.
On the TV side, Fleabag continued its awards dominance, winning best comedy series, best actress in a comedy series for Phoebe Waller-Bridge and best supporting actor in a comedy series for Andrew Scott.
It's the latest successful awards outing for Fleabag, which won best series -- musical or comedy at the Golden Globes last weekend, and just about swept the Emmys back in September.
In addition to best drama series, Succession also won best actor in a drama series for Jeremy Strong. Succession also won best drama series at the Golden Globes last weekend.
Other big awards include a tie in the best director category between Sam Mendes (1917) and Bong Joon Ho (Parasite), best actor and actress for Joaquin Phoenix (Joker) and Renee Zellweger (Judy) and lead actor awards in TV for Regina King (Watchmen), Bill Hader (Barry), Jharrel Jerome (When They See Us) and Michelle Williams (Fosse/Verdon). – Reuters
See the full list of winners below.
- Best Picture: Once Upon A Time In Hollywood
- Best Actor: Joaquin Phoenix. Joker
- Best Actress Renee Zellweger - Judy
- Best Supporting Actor: Brad Pitt, Once Upon A Time In Hollywood
- Best Supporting Actress: Laura Dern. Marriage Story
- Best Young Actor/Actress: Roman Griffin Davis, Jojo Rabbit
- Best Acting Ensemble: The Irishman
- Best Director: (Tied) Sam Mendes, 1917; Bong Joon Ho, Parasite
- Best Original Screenplay: Once Upon A Time In Hollywood
- Best Adapted Screenplay: Little Women
- Best Cinematography: 1917
- Best Production Design: Once Upon A Time In Hollywood
- Best Editing: 1917
- Best Costume Design: Dolemite Is My Name
- Best Hair And Makeup: Bombshell
- Best Visual Effects: Avengers: Endgame
- Best Animated Feature: Toy Story 4
- Best Action Movie: Avengers: Endgame
- Best Comedy: Dolemite Is My Name
- Best Sci-fi or Horror: Us
- Best Song: (Tied) Glasgow (No Place Like Home), from Wild Rose; (I'm Gonna) Love Me Again, from Rocketman
- Best Score: Joker
- Best Drama Series: Succession
- Best Actor In A Drama Series: Jeremy Strong, Succession
- Best Actress In A Drama Series: Regina King, Watchmen
- Best Supporting Actor In A Drama Series: Billy Crudup, The Morning Show
- Best Supporting Actress In A Drama Series: Jean Smart, Watchmen
- Best Comedy Series: Fleabag
- Best Actor In A Comedy Series: Bill Hader - Barry
- Best Actress In A Comedy Series: Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Fleabag
- Best Supporting Actor In A Comedy Series: Andrew Scott, Fleabag
- Best Supporting Actress In A Comedy Series: Alex Borstein, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
- Best Limited Series: When They See Us
- Best TV Movie: El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie
- Best Actor In A Limited Series Or Movie Made For Television: Jharrel Jerome, When They See Us
- Best Actress In A Limited Series Or Movie Made For Television: Michelle Williams, Fosse/Verdon
- Best Supporting Actor In A Limited Series Or Movie Made For Television: Stellan Skarsgard, Chernobyl
- Best Supporting Actress In A Limited Series Or Movie Made For Television: Toni Collette, Unbelievable
- Best Animated Series: BoJack Horseman
- Best Talk Show: The Late Late Show with James Corden
- Best Comedy Special: Live in Front of a Studio Audience: Norman Lear's 'All in the Family' and 'The Jeffersons
Did you find this article insightful?