MKHOP’s plantations, yields likely to do well


PETALING JAYA: Mercury Securities Research (Mercury Research) likes MKH Oil Palm (East Kalimantan) Bhd (MKHOP) for its plantation acreage’s age profile and superior fresh fruit bunch (FFB) yield, which makes the company a compelling investment play should crude palm oil (CPO) prices remain high.

The research house noted that despite achieving better average selling prices (ASP), the margins for MKHOP had been on a downtrend since financial year 2021 (FY21) mainly due to the spike in fertiliser and labour costs.

“We see FY24 as a key turning point for the company, as a combination of favourable CPO prices and lower production costs should help to significantly boost MKHOP’s earnings before interest and tax margin recovery to 22% to 24% in FY24 to FY25,” it stated in a report on the company.

Mercury Research added based on market forecast, MKHOP will achieve a stable CPO ASP for Indonesian domestic prices of RM3,500 or RM3,400 per tonne in FY24-FY25, versus RM3,350 per tonne realised in FY23.

“For sensitivity analysis, we estimate for every RM100 per tonne increase in our CPO price assumptions, MKHOP’s FY24-FY25 earnings will rise by 3%, respectively,” it said.

Additionally, the research house said 95% of MKHOP’s plantation area comprises prime mature oil palms while the remaining 5% is of young mature oil palms.

The reseach house has a “subscribe” call on MKHOP with a fair value of 80 sen a share based on 14 times earnings per share forecast for the financial year ending Dec 31, 2024, translating to a 29% upside to the initial public offering (IPO) price of 62 sen a share.

The palm oil company is hoping to generate RM136.4mil through its IPO before it makes its debut on the Main Market of Bursa Malaysia on April 30.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

   

Next In Business News

Malaysia-Japan trade set to rise this year - Tengku Zafrul
Global trading platform Webull expands to Malaysia
Maybank 1Q earnings up 9.8% on higher core fees
MPI set for strong show
Investors rush to grab piece of US$1.8 trillion UK pensions pie
Starwood’s US$10bil REIT turns to survival mode as pain lingers
Damned if you do, damned if you don’t
US stock changes affect Asia forex trades
Consistency in a sea of change
Impact of AI on jobs

Others Also Read