InvestKL targets to secure 10 MNCs, high-impact companies in 2022

KUALA LUMPUR: InvestKL is targeting to secure 10 multinational corporations (MNCs) and high-impact companies to bring at least RM2 billion worth of investments into the country, mainly in Greater KL, this year.

Chief executive officer Muhammad Azmi Zulkifli said he expected the companies to be mainly involved in digital technology, global services and innovative offerings.

He said InvestKL last year secured RM2.46 billion investments through 13 global services hubs, creating 2,281 regional executive jobs, making it its best performing year in the last decade.

"Of the 13 companies secured in 2021, 60 per cent are from the United States, the United Kingdom and other European countries, while the remaining 40 per cent are from Asia,” he told a press conference to share updates on InvestKL’s annual performance here today.

Muhammad Azmi said currently InvestKL is in the midst of finalising the number of investments in Greater KL. However, he declined to disclose further.

"We are on track in securing the investments and are optimistic that it would help us achieve our projection of RM2 billion investment target this year.

"But given the global economic uncertainty, volatility and geopolitical risks, we do remain cautious about the investments," he added.

Meanwhile, Muhammad Azmi said since its inception in 2011, InvestKL had successfully secured 116 high-growth companies in various industries, with investments totalling RM18. 3 billion, creating 16,392 regional executive jobs.

He said InvestKL was also targeting a total of RM35 billion cumulative investments in Greater KL by 2030.

"Investors want to build a sustainable future while pursuing the environmental, social and governance agenda.

"They are investing in new technologies that will help them to grow responsibly,” he said, adding that the company is also working closely with the Ministry of International Trade and Industry to position Greater KL as an investment gateway into Malaysia.

InvestKL chairman Datuk Seri Michael Yam said the investments secured over the past decade showed that foreign investors remained confident in Malaysia’s strong fundamentals and growth prospects.

"Our pipeline remains strong and we are well poised to advance Malaysia's sustainable agenda by targeting high level and niche investments," he said. - Bernama

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 0
Subscribe now to our Premium Plan for an ad-free and unlimited reading experience!


Next In Business News

CPO futures likely to trade with downward bias next week
Rupee erases gains on banking worries
MSMEs still at early stage of digitalisation
The global game of ChessGo
Banks remain on the radar
KAB looking to boost earnings via PetGas sustainable energy JV
Are our banks safe?
Vivek Sood appointed as Axiata CEO, MD
Fed’s dovish slant forecast to buoy the ringgit
Short Position: Break-up pays, Hap Seng's RPT

Others Also Read