Landmarks to sell 51% stake in Bintan hotel operation


In a filing with Bursa Malaysia yesterday, Landmarks said the group is expected to record a one-off gain on disposal of S$20.27mil, which is equivalent to RM61.72mil derived from the disposal of 51% equity interest in its subsidiary Mendol Investments Pte Ltd (MIPL) and the fair value of the remaining 49% stake in the latter.

PETALING JAYA: Loss-making Landmarks Bhd has proposed to sell a controlling stake of 51% in its hotel operation in Bintan, Indonesia for RM42.24mil to raise funds to supplement its working capital requirements.

Genting Bhd owns a 25% stake in Landmarks.

In a filing with Bursa Malaysia yesterday, Landmarks said the group is expected to record a one-off gain on disposal of S$20.27mil, which is equivalent to RM61.72mil derived from the disposal of 51% equity interest in its subsidiary Mendol Investments Pte Ltd (MIPL) and the fair value of the remaining 49% stake in the latter.

“The cost of investment of Landmarks in MIPL was S$6.66mil (RM20.28mil), ” it said.

Upon completion of the disposal, Landmarks would retain a 49% interest in the MIPL.“Landmarks group would continue to derive future earnings of MIPL via contribution from investment in associates, ” it said.

MIPL is a subsidiary of Landmarks that own the Natra Bintan Hotel, which is part of the group flagship Treasure Bay Bintan, a 338-ha waterfront resort city. The proposed disposal is expected to result in an increase in net asset per share of the group from RM3.38 to RM3.50 and also improve the gearing ratio of the group from 0.05 times to 0.02 times.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
Join our Telegram channel to get our Evening Alerts and breaking news highlights

Landmarks Bhd , Bintan hotel , stake , Genting Bhd

   

Next In Business News

Digi posts net profit of RM304.55mil in 4Q, div of 3.9c/share
FBM KLCI rises slightly ahead of CNY week
Trading in Sime Darby Plantation suspended
Malaysia's external trade surpasses RM2tril in 2021
UEM Sunrise exceeds 2021 target with RM1.46bil sales
Malaysia's top placing on investment index underscores strong foreign investor confidence
Ringgit opens weaker as US economic data boosts greenback
BHIC appoints independent, non executive director
Axiata's proposed Link Net acquisition to create new synergies
FBM KLCI stays firm as elevated crude prices offer support

Others Also Read


Vouchers