Covid-19: CIMB Bank continues repayment aid plan


The bank has processed and approved close to 100% of repayment assistance applications from both individual and SME customers.

KUALA LUMPUR: CIMB Bank Bhd and CIMB Islamic Bank Bhd's repayment assistance programme continues to be made available, to allow sufficient time for CIMB customers to apply.

In a statement issued on Friday, it said the extension was for those affected by the resurgence of the Covid-19 pandemic and enhanced movement control order, but have yet to come forward to discuss with the bank.

The bank has processed and approved close to 100% of repayment assistance applications from both individual and SME customers.

“As at mid-October, these approvals amounted to over RM10bil for more than 60,000 applications from these two categories of customers.

“Currently, around 85% of its customer base have resumed repayment of their financing as scheduled, from Oct 1 while the remaining 15% comprise of customers who have taken up the repayment assistance as well as others who are still negotiating restructuring terms with CIMB, ” it said.

CIMB said over the past month, it has been sending out letters and emails to affected borrowers who have not contacted CIMB to inform them of the types of extended financial support available.

It also assured customers that any financial assistance taken will not impact their Central Credit Reference Information System status.

CIMB also said its banking services would continue through its branches and online banking platforms throughout this period.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 18
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3

CIMB Bank , Covid-19 , repayment assistance

   

Did you find this article insightful?

Yes
No

88% readers found this article insightful

Next In Business News

Malaysia Airlines offers subsidised tickets to boost domestic tourism
O&M business drives Serba Dinamik profits higher in Q3�
Top Glove confirms temporary stoppage of production plants in Klang due to Covid-19�
Soybeans touch 4-1/2 year high of $12 on supply concerns, high demand
Ringgit closes higher vs US$ at 4.0880
CPO futures close higher at RM3,518
Boustead Plantations stages turnaround in 3Q with RM17.9m net profit
US dollar falls to 2018 lows as vaccine optimism damps haven demand
HLT Global posts lower Q3 profit, as operating cost jumps�
PRG returns to black in 3Q with RM19mil net profit

Stories You'll Enjoy