Marcos postpones rehab of Manila's major circle road for a month


MANILA: President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. on Sunday (June 1) announced the postponement of the rehabilitation of the Epifanio delos Santos Avenue (Edsa), Manila's main thoroughfare, for a month.

This was confirmed by Transportation Secretary Vince Dizon during the launch of the Pamilya Pasa promo.

“He said ‘Go back to the drawing board’ because he has listened to the concerns of the residents of Metro Manila,” Dizon told reporters.

“And he has also listened to experts who have informed him that there are more effective ways and new technologies that we can do faster,” Dizon added.

The project, or what the government deemed as Edsa rebuild, was originally set to start mid-June. However, Dizon said that the president instructed them to revamp their plan within a month. - Philippine Daily Inquirer/ANN

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Aseanplus News

Chinese scientists put quantum chaos in ‘slow motion’
Trump to remove Vietnam from restricted tech list, says Hanoi
India, Brazil sign mining pact as Modi targets $20 billion trade in five years
Myanmar issues complete ban on e-cigarettes and e-shisha
Muslims preserve Ramadan traditions and religious bonding all over South-East Asia, and even in Myanmar to Cambodia
US tariff ruling lifts market sentiment, positive for M'sian markets, say economists
Next South China Sea code of conduct negotiations set in Singapore in last week of February
Autism among males and females more equal than thought�
Indonesia’s narcotics agency calls for full vape ban over drug abuse risk
Deadly virus kills over 70 tigers at Chiang Mai park in north Thailand

Others Also Read