Quiboloy undergoes more medical tests at Philippine Children’s hospital, says police


Kingdom of Jesus Christ founder Apollo Quiboloy attends the Senate probe in this file photo taken on October 23, 2024. - Photo: Inquirer.net

MANILA: Detained televangelist Apollo Quiboloy underwent tests at the Philippine Children’s Medical Centre (PCMC), the Philippine National Police (PNP) confirmed on Thursday (Nov 14).

Quiboloy was brought to the PCMC at 8.49pm on Wednesday, Nov 13, and returned to the Philippine Heart Centre at 9.10pm, pursuant to the Pasig Regional Trial Court’s order, according to Brig. Gen. Jean Fajardo, PNP spokesperson.

Fajardo added that the police force already received medical abstracts from Quiboloy’s tests but was not at liberty to disclose any information regarding them.

PNP previously said Quiboloy reported experiencing chest discomfort and was hospitalised at the Philippine Heart Centre on East Avenue, Quezon City on Nov 9.

He was initially expected to leave the following Monday but still needed to undergo medical tests and monitoring.

Quiboloy’s medical furlough is set to end on Saturday, Nov 16 at 5pm, after which he will be brought back to the PNP Custodial Center in Camp Crame, Quezon City.

On September 8, following a 16-day standoff at his religious sect’s headquarters in Davao City, the embattled Kingdom of Jesus Christ founder was arrested over charges of sexual abuse. - Philippine Daily Inquirer/ANN

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Aseanplus News

Indonesia president says ready to face all possibilities after US Supreme Court rejects Trump's global tariffs
Pezeshkian says Iran will not bow to pressure amid US nuclear talks
Asean News Headlines at 10pm on Saturday (Feb 21, 2026)
Health Ministry accelerates efforts to strengthen food safety control to achieve target by 2030
Japan issues travel alert for over 50 countries amid Middle East escalation and issues
'Still a shocker' - Audrey Fang's death: Family asks Spain court to extend suspect Mitchell Ong’s detention by two years
Indonesia did not pay US$1bil to join the Board of Peace, says Foreign Minister Sugiono
Thailand and Myanmar hold talks to re-engage with Naypidaw and Asean after strained ties
Golf-Rahm left out as DP World Tour grants LIV releases, Ryder Cup future uncertain
Turkish Red Crescent aid continues to flow into Gaza after the reopening of Rafah crossing

Others Also Read