Three additional suspects arrested and charged in Siem Reap gang rape case; total involved now rising to 14 teenagers


The Siem Reap provincial court, which has charged 14 suspects for an alleged gang rape. The father of the victim has been charged with assaulting one of the suspects. - Phnom Penh Post/ANN

PHNOM PENH (Phnom Penh Post/ANN): Three additional suspects have been placed in pre-trial detention for the alleged multiple gang rape of a 15-year-old girl in Siem Reap province last month. Their confinement brings the total number of detainees in the case to eight.

The three suspects, aged 15-17, were charged with aggravated rape on Tuesday (May 7), according to a May 8 statement by the Siem Reap provincial court.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Aseanplus News

Thailand and Myanmar hold talks to re-engage with Naypidaw and Asean after strained ties
Turkish Red Crescent aid continues to flow into Gaza after the reopening of Rafah crossing
Philippine senator calls out China in visit to disputed island
Cricket-India skipper Suryakumar backs opener Sharma despite three ducks in T20 World Cup
Washington offers US$200 million to boost the American smartphone industry in Indo-Pacific
Madani govt component parties must strengthen cohesion to realise people's mandate, says Zaliha
Chinese scientists put quantum chaos in ‘slow motion’
Trump to remove Vietnam from restricted tech list, says Hanoi
Myanmar issues complete ban on e-cigarettes and e-shisha
India, Brazil sign mining pact as Modi targets $20 billion trade in five years

Others Also Read