US recovers sensor parts from downed Chinese balloon: military


US Navy sailors assigned to Assault Craft Unit 4 prepare material recovered in the Atlantic Ocean from the high-altitude Chinese balloon shot down by the US Air Force off the coast of South Carolina on Feb 10, 2023. - Reuters

WASHINGTON (AFP): The United States has recovered important sensor and electronics parts from a suspected Chinese surveillance balloon it shot down earlier this month, the US military said on Monday (Feb 13).

"Crews have been able to recover significant debris from the site, including all of the priority sensor and electronics pieces identified as well as large sections of the structure," the US Northern Command said in a statement.

The Star Festive Promo: Get 35% OFF Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 8.02/month

Billed as RM 96.20 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
US , China , balloon , sensor

Next In Aseanplus News

Brunei court imposes hefty fine on Indonesian for illicit goods possession
India chases 'DeepSeek moment' with homegrown AI models
Early February sees 2,700 scam busts in Phnom Pehn; 20,000 foreigners identified
Vietnam crowned as world’s most affordable expat destination for fifth straight year
Indonesia pledges up to 8,000 troops to Gaza, deployment in 1-2 months: Prabowo
Suspect used ChatGPT in planning drug killings in South Korea: Police
Thai army reports wildfire situation in eight border areas, originating from Cambodia
Philippines' Duterte earned global infamy, praise at home
Crew member dies after fire on cruise ship en route to Singapore; all 224 passengers safe
Stocks dip and oil climbs as Trump ramps up Iran threats

Others Also Read