JOHOR BARU: Authorities from Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, and England have assured continued support as the search for missing flight MH370 enters a new phase.
Defence Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Tun Hussein said that this was one of the assurances made by the defence ministers from the said countries during the ninth Five Power Defence Arrangements (FPDA) defence ministers' meeting held here Sunday.
"They have affirmed that they will continue to support us for the search and coordination efforts pertaining to MH370," he said during a press conference after the meeting.
Hishammuddin added that officials from the four countries had been briefed on the four committees set up for the new phase, which included the committee to care for the welfare of families, passengers and crew of MH370, committee to overlook the deployment of assets, committee of field experts and a bilateral committee for the search.
"Officials from China, Australia and Malaysia will be a part of the bilateral committee and we will work together to address the speculation and conspiracies surrounding MH370," he said, adding that the base for the search would be retained at Canberra.
He added that the committee would also assist in the search efforts and identifying which assets to be used.
Did you find this article insightful?